Subject: Re: NetBSD Logo on my Credit Card
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20051010@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/10/2005 09:08:59
Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be> writes:
> I think you misinterpret "unrelated".  The bank card is in the same
> category as T-shirts, coffee mugs, etc: they're completely unrelated to
> computers in se, but the logo is used to represent (and advocate) NetBSD,
> so that's ok.

>> http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/disclaimer.html#logo-usage

It would be really good if this were spelled out a bit clearer.  As
is, it appears to forbid the logo's use whenever money changes hands.
If using the logo on coffee mugs, tee shirts and stickers is ok that
really needs listing.  (If it is not ok, it probably wouldn't hurt to
spell that out too, just so that there are no surprises.)

-wolfgang