Subject: Re: Eric Raymond talks about GPL and BSD licenses
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <danieldk@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/13/2005 08:19:00
On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 03:49:18PM -0400, Jim Wise wrote:
> a.) he doesn't like the book(s) Eric wrote.  Where is the book Tom wrote
> so we can compare?

http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/taoup/

I read parts of it a while ago, and didn't feel offended by it. So, I
bet the flamebait, if intended, isn't that good ;). But really, ESR
just tries to give an outline of UNIX philosophy and implicit rules.
In my opinion he captured that pretty well to a large extend, but
others may disagree.

Anyway, I agree with Hubert. Cut the guy some slack, he is not here
to defend himself.

-- Daniel

--
Join the "NetBSD wave that flag spring tour"!