Subject: as seen on /.
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/27/2005 15:17:59
--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

http://bsd.slashdot.org/bsd/05/02/27/1755229.shtml?tid=3D7
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D7946+0+archive/2005/freebsd-=
current/20050213.freebsd-current
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-February/thread.html

Well, I'm sure many of you have seen this.  So why do I bother posting
this here again?

Well, I think this shows that we have done a very good job of
advertizing NetBSD recently.  It shows that by every NetBSD enthusiast
advocating just the benefits of NetBSD (and pkgsrc) we -- you -- have
done a great service to advance NetBSD and bring it into discussion.

I also think it's noteworthy that people advocating NetBSD appear to
stand out as people who argue based on the merit of the product alone,
not so much on the basis of ``hey, look, product X really sucks, we're
better!1!!'' -- and simply stating ``NetBSD does X very well'' clearly
is the best way to help spread NetBSD.

So, thanks to all those who keep advertizing NetBSD and do so in a
professional and civilized manner without spreading FUD about other
products!  Let's keep it up!

-Jan

--=20
The reader is encouraged to add smileys where necessary to increase
positive perception.  Right here might be a good place:

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--