Subject: Re: [lo] Re: Flag logo CPU badges?
To: Alexander Chamandy <bsdfreak@gmail.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/13/2005 23:10:24
Alexander,

I was not aware of the level of misunderstanding the original mail
from Jeremy that you post on your site[1] caused until Sean mentioned
here, else we would have reacted a lot earlier.

It seems there is a lot of misunderstanding about what we (NetBSD)
want, and we expect from you. The mail you got was to get into talking
with you, so we can sort things out so everyone is happy. At least *I*
was very surprised when we got your reply that you will just stop
selling the shirts. In no way were we aware of the anger this caused
in you (aparently), and please let me assure you, it is *not* in our
interest to harm anyone doing advertizing of NetBSD in either way, and
that we did not intend to threaten you or make that mail sound that
way - you're really interpreting a lot into it.

We (NetBSD) are rather new in all this trademark and logo and marketing
business, and I wholeheartedly admit that we have a lot to learn in these
grounds new to us, so we would like to invite you to talk to us so we can
sort things out.

If you are interested, please send me private mail and we can establish
communication without distracting the list.

Thanks for your attention!

  - Hubert
    NetBSD Communications Exec Team

[1] http://www.bsdfreak.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=83&page=0

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)