Subject: Re: My reasons for BSD over GPL, for a company
To: None <timh@tjhawkins.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/09/2005 22:34:33
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 timh@tjhawkins.com wrote:
> No, I can't back up the red hat things up with facts. I just analyze
> companies, especially software-based ones. Only predictions regarding that.
>
> The license part-- just read the licenses. some people think the GPL is more
> "free" because it forces the software to be free, while the BSD gives you a
> choice

Neither - I mean if you can back up the part that I quoted:

>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 timh@tjhawkins.com wrote:
>>> Companies have been much more successful
>>> selling BSD-licensed software than GPL.
>>
>> Can you back this up with some facts?

How do you come to the conclusion that compabies have been much more
successful selling BSD-licensed software than GPL?
I can only guess you're thinking of SunOS, Digital Unix/OSF/1, etc.?

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)