Subject: NetBSD on the radio.
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/17/2005 20:22:45
For a few months I've been volunteering with a human rights radio show
(called, of all things, "The Human Rights Show").  For the past 2
months, roughly, every other broadcast of the show has been assembled
by myself using only open source software---including, of course,
NetBSD.  The show airs once a week at 10am (U.S. Central time),
Wednesday mornings.

The most recent show that was put together with NetBSD, airing on
January 12 can be downloaded from:

  http://www.kpftx.org/archives/kpftsignal/mp3/050112_100003hr.MP3

...at a radiostation archive.

KPFT, the radio station, keeps these archives for download for
4 weeks.  You can also get the stream "live" from http://www.kpft.org/
via MP3.  (We'll be pre-empted for Condoleza Rice's confirmation hearings
this week; a few weeks after that, we'll be doing a fund drive for
the station (2 weeks, 4 times a year).)

NetBSD is not used by the radio station itself.

So, there you go.  NetBSD is being used to prepare a broadcast
radio show and is trying to do something for human rights.
That's 2 for 1, which balances the fact that it's only used for
half the shows.  (^&