Subject: Re: We have an image problem...
To: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/07/2005 13:39:18
Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com> writes:
> Can't we promote NetBSD just a little bit?  Do we _have_ to just sit back,
> smiling, knowing that the unwashed masses don't know what they are missing by
> not trying NetBSD?

Yes, we can. However, as with all activities in an all volunteer
effort, the way things tend to get done is not by someone saying "we
ought to do something" but by someone actually going out and doing
it. :)

I encourage people with good ideas not to sit back and wait for the
mythically all-powerful leadership to tap you on the shoulder. If you
see that there is something that NetBSD needs, try to find a way to go
out and do it. That is how most things happen.

Perry