Subject: Re: Just saw the new logo...
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Fernando Santini <fsantini@freesurf.ch>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/31/2004 16:02:41
Richard Rauch wrote:

>FWIW: I expected a better logo. <snip>

Hi all,

I cannot more than agree with Richard. The new logo is IMO the worst of
the free OS out there.

1. the pole: you have to know the old logo in order to understand the
new one, the "more progressive" one
2. since the pole is so vital for the logo, when removed there is only
NetBSD left...

and when I think about Net-and-BSD I imagine something which shows
computer which are all connected together.

But enough rant, I shall be productive :-)

So my idea of a good NetBSD logo would be the new logo without the pole
but with dots of different sizes (but same color) and connected
together, similar drawn like the pole. The lines are removed where the
text (NetBSD) is. The logo had the following symbols:

* Six dots (for every letter of  the word NetBSD one)
* (each) in different size (for the different architectures)
* the lines for the Internet which enables NetBSD to evolve

How about this logo? What are your ideas?

Bye,
Fernando

PS: In what font is the logo-text written?