Subject: Re: NetBSD review by Paul Webb
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Michael W. Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/20/2004 06:07:54
On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 08:54:42PM -0500, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <20041020013234.GA91270@bewilderbeast.blackhelicopters.org>, "Michae
> l W. Lucas" writes:
> >More than once when I've tried to get a piece of work published, I've
> >been told that it was "insufficiently inflammatory" to drive
> >eyeballs/ad views.  (Don't ask me where; I still have to work in this
> >field!)  Some web sites are completely uninterested in honest,
> >researched articles and prefer hyperbole over substance.
>
> Yeesh.
>
> FWIW, if I can figure out a way to pitch an article on the topic to the Linux
> folks at developerWorks, I will.  Because I have never once been told anything
> like that, and I've done a lot of writing for 'em.

And there are some very good ones out there.  You'll note I do a lot
of writing for onlamp.com.  :-)

My point really is, don't get too upset over this sort of stuff.  Not
everything that floats to the top of the Internet is cream...

==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
   "I'm sorry, but 'Social Darwinism' is no excuse for killing all of