Subject: Re: handling copyright/license infringement
To: Eric Fox <eric@bsdsystems.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/17/2004 15:11:27
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:00:19 -0700 (MST), Eric Fox <eric@bsdsystems.com> wrote:
> Looks like you finally got to him:
>
>   http://g4l.networks-ltd.de/
>
> ... although I wouldn't call this a particularly gracious exit.

No it wasn't.

This may sound particularly pessimistic, but this just seems like
another lame attempt by a self righteous do gooder to "GPLize"
everything in their path. Maybe this isn't the case, I don't know...

Is it just me, or is there actually a movement out there to take a
program, decide that the license isn't GPL, then either steal it and
call it GPL, or rewrite it and call it GPL. Just for the belief that
GPL licensed code is inherntly better than other code? I see this sort
of attitude in stuff people write all over the net, as if the only
correct way for software to exist is under the GPL, so all software
must be somehow converted to GPL. The above seems to be just one more
example of it.

Sorry to hijack the thread. I'm not trying to be a troll, honest. G4U
is cool and it's a shame this had to happen.

Andy