Subject: Re: handling copyright/license infringement
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/16/2004 11:29:47
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Today, I found out that someone took the core parts of said software,
> adjusted it to run on Linux (not much to do - it was mostly shell
> scripts), removed all traces of my name and license on the original
> software, and instead put his own name in and put everything under the
> GPL.

Perhaps send a message to the FSF. As advocates and 'owners' of the GPL,
they probably don't want to see instances of people breaking other
licenses...

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> The only difference I see
between voodoo and marketing research is that voodoo sometimes works!