Subject: Re: Upcoming 2.0-RELEASE
To: Dawid Szymanski <dawszy@arhea.pl>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/18/2004 17:21:21
On Tue, 18 May 2004, Dawid Szymanski wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 03:15:39PM -0400, Allen Briggs wrote:
>  | >  Sure. For my 3 different MP machines it hangs randomly.
>  | >  I am not the one. Just review current-users@.
>  | As another anecdotal point, x86 SMP patches on 1.6 have been running OK
>  | for me for a little while on an old dual-CPU IBM Server 325:
>  |  3:14PM  up 630 days,  1:25, 6 users, load averages: 3.03, 3.50, 3.70
>
>  Well I am not sure what may couse this problems on mine and others side.
>  Do you run mail/web/ftp server? I've found it hangs on Xes or huge IO load.

I'm also running an SMP 2.0 - it's not a mail server, and only sees a
bit of web/ftp traffic, but it is one of my main desktop machines.

I've yet to see it crash.

>  I'll try latest 2.0 BETA on my MP machine, and see. I gave up ~2 months ago;)

Probably not good to go into debugging on -advocacy.... however, can you
get into DDB when it hangs? What WCHAN are processes on, etc.

Any sufficiently advanced Common Sense will seem like magic...
					      - me