Subject: Announcing the New NetBSD logo
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/01/2004 00:15:39
 * Announcing the New NetBSD logo

We are proud to announce that the NetBSD project's logo competition
has ended, and that we now have a new logo that will lead us into
a bright new future! Without many words, here is a snapshot
of the new logo in action:

	http://www.NetBSD.org/~hubertf/newlogo.png

The new logo was chosen to express NetBSD's strong grounds in
Open Source software, using the symbol that stands for our
goals in both public and technical environments today.  We are
currently working on incorporating the logo into our website and
all the needed places for you to experience a uniform look and feel
of our web site, www.NetBSD.org.

The selected logo was influenced by recent support from prominent
developers of other Open Source operating system developers, and
the NetBSD project has gained many new ideas with
their contributions that will lead to prompt changes in the
project's goals and structure, which is what we're working on
now and will announce soon. Please stay tuned!

 - Hubert Feyrer
   2nd Chairman of the Communications Executive Team
   The NetBSD Foundation