Subject: about the spokescritter
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Filippo Cattaneo <n1jpr@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/30/2004 23:34:03
1) I have seen no comments on the Iwo Jima overtones
of the current logo from out numerous Japanese brethren.
Granted, whining is unJapanese, yet, one wonders...

2) I don't like the penguin-eating skua.
Why on earth focus on Linux? We're on the same boat.
Bad karma.

3) I like the goat.  Cute, horned, can be made to smile.
http://www.geocities.com/noahschool2000/Smiling_Goat.html
http://www.smiling-faces.com/smilies/goat.gif

4) I also like the RETIARIUS.
Armed, sometimes armored, wields a trident, too.

See:

Retiarius in a logo (not necessarily conflicting)
http://intarch.ac.uk/journal/issue12/catling_index.html
http://www.gothamusa.com/store/permanent_pages/browse/authoring.html
(Quicktime Tag Converter, and a nice minimalistic logo too)

Also:
http://www.gladiatorschool.tv/retiarius.htm
http://www.meridies-nola.org/soldatini/retiario1.jpg

http://www.retiarius.ch/  oh! (no logo - an alias for retarus.de ?)

Is there a gallery of logo contest entries up already somewhere?