Subject: Re: NetBSD logo design competition
To: None <,>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/13/2004 21:39:52

Chuck Yerkes <> wrote:
> But our little daemon friend is a fine character for a logo.
> What's wrong? Are we losing marketshare among christian fundamentalists?
> Using Beastie, a spirit, certainly conveys the Spirit of Open Source.

Agreed.  I like the daemon.  Would be nice to include it in the new logo

> -Or a platypus - the mutant accident of evolution

I like platypi :)

> Perhaps beastie as a wombat?  Or a pigeon - like NetBSD, you
> can find it everywhere, running on everything.

Pigeon's are flying rats.  No pigeons.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)