Subject: Re: Blinkenlights [Re: NetBSD at the 20th Chaos Communications Congress]
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
From: Stefan Schumacher <>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/03/2004 11:04:50

* Lubomir Sedlacik ( wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 11:21:06PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> >=20
> > One of the main attractions at 20C3 was the Blinkenlights project, a
> > skyscraper front turned into a monitor with the windows being the pixel=
> > Here are a few movies:
> >  *
> >  *
> also, during the congress i imported few packages related to
> Blinkenlights.  namely emulators/blinkensim, graphics/blinkenthemes,
> graphics/blinkentools, devel/blib and misc/blccc.

At CCCamp I had a little discussion with some of the Blinkenlights Crew
and they are using NetBSD on some machines running MiniBlinkenlights :-)

>  - stare (note that the real thing is *much* more exciting ;)

there is a pretty cool video available at:

If you think technology can solve your security problems,=20
then you don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technol=

Bruce Schneier

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)