Subject: Seen in stores: NetBSD.
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/26/2003 22:55:56
For the first time, I've seen NetBSD on the shelves in a store.  It was
version 1.6, a 4 CD set, apparently a full multi-architecture install set.
(I don't know if there were any precompiled packages for any platforms,
or pkgsrc.)

The box was a little unclear, claiming a 2 CD set on the back, but 4 CD's
were claimed on the front.  I don't remember being able to clearly see
who put the set together, and forget the price, but it was a pleasant sight
to see, in with the GNU/LINUX and FreeBSD.

This was in the Houston Microcenter.

(The timing seems a bit unfortunate, with 1.6.1 coming out soon.  And the
box featured the Daemon News (?) "Dexter" daemon, which I've never thought
was a very flattering choice.  But...)

Anyway, it was cool to see it in a store, and I thought that I'd mention
it.  (^&

--
  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@olib.org