Subject: Re: NetBSD poster
To: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/21/2003 16:00:13
On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:13:41 +1100
grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org> wrote:

> [from netbsd-advocacy]

> A better example of more styles being used is the work-in-progress
> markup of pkgsrc/Packages.txt. The rendered version can be found at,
>
> 	http://211.28.135.246:8000/docs/Packages/Packages.html
>
> being a WIP, it's still a bit messy .. ignore that :) the source is
> also in that directory, for the curious. I've also started writing a
> "styleguide", but it is more about how to write the (custom) Docbook
> stuff, but it does talk about appearance too.

cool. thanks for doing this!

> I tried to make the choice of colours something which attracts the
> eye, but that does scatter the readers' attention away from the text.
> The ideas for colours came from what we were already using on the
> web site and I built on that a little.
>
> Any comments would be appreciated.
>
> Oh, and I very much like the daemons logo, but it is definitely
> an acquired taste :) I agree something more appealing would be better
> on the main page, but I don't think we should get rid of it entirely.
>
> I also quite like the BSD daemon image used on slashdot. It's clean
> and "unthreatening"... thoughts?

here's an old logo that we did when we were kicking around ideas about
making netbsd cd's. It takes the daemon concept and turns it on it's ear.

For your amusement and consideration.

http://www.caravan.com/Demo/netbsd-logo.gif

--
Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every
six months." - Oscar Wilde