Subject: Re: DesktopLinuxConsortium
To: Ram Chandar <cnn_dinu01@sancharnet.in>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/14/2003 11:46:01
--- Ram Chandar <cnn_dinu01@sancharnet.in> wrote:
> Has there been any discussion about whether
> co-operation with
> DesktopLinuxConsortium.org would be of any use to
> BSDs?
>
> After all XServers, Desktops, and most apps are the
> same
> between Linux and BSDs.

I would use NetBSD or FreeBSD as a desktop at work,
but there are a few apps that are not available. They
are available through wine, but I'm not sure what the
status of wine on the BSDs is. I thought it wasn't
quite as developed. As I result, I (grudgingly) use
Linux because it runs these apps through wine... Maybe
this should be a focus?

Andy