Subject: Re: Marketing NetBSD - TODO
To: Silke Mueller <silke@zhadum.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/23/2002 06:01:02
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Silke Mueller wrote:
> First would be to get experience reports from all, who have done this
> before, so the wheel won't have to be invented again and again.

Here's some sort of a report:
This week someone told me he'll give a NetBSD talk at some Linux show, and
if I had some advertizing material. I prepared a box with CDs, flyers,
posters, and a few other goodies I had around, and handed it to him.
Given that I have (had...)  a little stock, that was easy to do.

When going somewhere myself, things that need to be done are:
 - get permission to run a booth from conference organizers
 - ask for table, walls to put posters to, power & network connection
 - Carry stuff with you (see above), and arrange it
 - For attracting looks, some device is nice. At EuroBSDCon, a HP Jornada
   did good things, when I go by car myself, I usually carry a shark and a
   TFT display with some slideshow (see
   http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/clt4-slideshow.gif)

> Then
> a collection of NetBSD art, who would like to help with what (people,
> who could draw or design or whatever) etc.

http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/images has many daemon images.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html