Subject: Re: NetBSD at the EuroBSDCon 2002
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/22/2002 14:30:56
On 22.11.02, 12:50:22, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> > BTW, while you've been away (i think you was tired and went away to
> > take some rest) the hpcsh with a wireless car (thanks to Julian
> > Coleman for bringing a spare) attracted few people.  They were
> > impressed even more when Julian came with his hpcarm machine, also
> > with a wireless, running X and working suspend.  I think our hpc*
> > ports (esp., hpcarm) are greatly "undermarketed", compared even to the
> > rest of the NetBSD.
>
> Yeah... but how can we change that?
> I agree that the machine raised quite some interest. :)

My z50 (WinCE machine running NetBSD/hpcmips) also raised some eyebrows
on the LinuxTag, although it is not actually a PDA, more of a
subnotebook. But Some people wouldn't believe it runs a complete Unix
with X11, and that for 14+ hours without external power supply.

I'll probably also be at the Chaos Communication Congress (19C3) at
Berlin between Christmas and New Year, together with Hubert and my
brother-in-law, and maybe my brother.

Now what would be a real killer application for a handheld wireless
device with a complete operating system?

As to the NetBSD e. V. thing, I'm afraid I cannot pursue it with as much
effort as I would like to at the moment, since I have a couple of exams
in the coming months, followed by my computer science thesis paper.

All German speaking NetBSD users, check back once in a while at
http://nuxi.homeunix.org/NetBSD/eV/satzung/ for the latest version of
the preliminary statutes ("Satzung") of the society-to-be-founded. Please
send comments my way (bsieker@freenet.de)

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: Raiders of the Lost Arch