Subject: Re: manure, fresh
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/21/2002 17:36:28
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 06:47:17PM -0500, Matt Herzog's friend wrote:
[much penguin-branded marketing-speak snipped]
> We cannot paint ourself into a box (e.g. choosing CP/M over MS-DOS
> because of a few multi-processing support) when we are developing the
> infrastructure for a major development effort.

sounds like the choice has already been made to go with a free *nix,
which is a gain for all, since none of them will paint you into a box.
it's not like migrating and porting among the free *nixes is terribly
painful in comparison to, say, windows and *nix.

    "i'm convinced that the cray cabinet has an outlet for plugging in
    welding attachments."  --  Skeezics Boondoggle, on the cray CS6400