Subject: NetBSD Germany as gemeinnuetziger Verein?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/26/2002 10:28:53
Hi,

At the LinuxTag 2002 I had a little chat with Hubert and others about
organizing NetBSD Deutschland as a "gemeinnutziger Verein", thereby
making donations to it tax-deductible to the donors.

It would require founding a "Verein" (sort of a club, but not quite the
same, it's a typical German thing), giving us a "Satzung" (sort of a
constitution, outlining goals and matters of proceeding like electing
chairpersons etc.) having it registered in the Vereinsregister, and having
it registered as "gemeinnuetzing" (beneficial to the public welfare)
with the tax authorities.

It would also require annual gatherings to elect chairperson(s) and
accountant(s), and meticulous book-keeping.

Since most of the details are probably only interesting to the German
NetBSD people (and would neccessarily be in German too, esp. discussing
the exact wording of the Satzung), is there a possibility to open a
new mailing list (possibly on a private, German server) to discuss the
details of the procedere?

Unless there are any objections, of course

To get things started, I would be willing to work out a prototype Satzung,
and make it available for discussion.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: The free OS with a money back guarantee!
		-- Tim Rightnour