Subject: Re: ...older, obsolete OS called "BSD Unix"...
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: John R. S. Mascio <mascio@ryu.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/23/2002 12:24:59
Unfortunately, religion and propaganda frequently go hand-in-hand
when there is an objective to be had and power to be gained...

Dumb? Probably not, sad to say.  Misleading others for their own
agenda is more like it.

Case in point: "(which is how Pagans write "demon" -- they are
notoriously poor spellers: magick, vampyre, etc.)"

To be read: See pagans are dumb!  Disregarding that "pagans" use
the spelling "magick" to differentiate from "magic" or "stage
magic".  Etc.  I'm sure there are a number of "pagans" on this
list, and I doubt most of them are stupid!

Try not to let them get you worked up.  You don't need to give
them any power over you or your day. ;-)  You're best bet is to
watch these types of people and not let them rile you up.  That
is what they want.  The more you argue with them, the more they
are convinced they are right.  And the more they will twist your
words to prove their case.

Just for giggles, did you know that parts of NT are based on
CMU's MACH, which is based on BSD 4.2. ;-)

JRSM
--
       _  | John Raymond Stone Mascio
   _|_|_) | mascio@ryu.com