Subject: Re: logo suggestion
To: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/20/2002 19:12:00
Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>> The question is, if it is wanted to compete with linux/windows
>> on the desktop. From my experience ease of use equals loss of
>> stability - nothing that I want.
>
>This is only true if the easy-to-use parts were done poorly.

The other thing to remember is that the `easy to use' parts are
maintained by third party vendors.  There is no reason why the
NetBSD OS cannot maintain its traditional level of stability,
regardless of the GUI developments.  If third party software is
stable, then great.  If not, then as individual users we can decide
whether to install it.  Given NetBSD's userbase, I do not think
that the base system will suffer any loss of stability---even if
KDE/Gnome are crash prone and buggy.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==