Subject: Re: Permission to use the NetBSD logo
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: sudog <sudog@sudog.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/13/2002 10:50:48
[onerous swastika definition snipped]

>  The symbol is not exclusive to India and is known all over the world.
>  Proof of its widespread use has been found in archaeological discoveries
>  in Egypt, China, Greece and Mexico. Curiously, the inauspicious
>  anti-clockwise swastika was used by Hitler as the Nazi emblem.

And your point? So go ahead and try to take back the symbol and restore
its original meaning. Let me know though--I want to give you a wide berth
when the cries of "anti-semite" start cropping up.

> i've *never* seen any of japanese NetBSD developers (and there are quite
> a lot of them) complaining about the logo. isn't it interesting?

That's odd. I've an email here that says "there've been discussions" about
it. Alright, no complaints then. Personally I wouldn't get my bum in a
knot--I don't care. I just had a tough time pasting the logo small enough
to be semi-tasteful but large enough to make out the word "NetBSD" on all
the NetBSD Girls I posted a while back. :) There's too much detail dammit!
:)

-sudog