Subject: Re: NetBSD logo for Nokia 6210 GSM mobile phone?
To: , <kjetilbt@thomassen.priv.no>
From: Richard Grace <rgrace@aapt.com.au>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/26/2002 20:50:43
> I'm looking for a NetBSD logo for my Nokia 6210
> GSM mobile phone.

I'd been thinking of that - I have a 6150, so there's the
initial startup logo, as well as the provider logo.

> Does anyone know where and/or how I can get one?

There's an application called Gnokii which allows you to
send and receive information to and from your Nokia
phone, even using IR.  I've used it quite a lot, and it is
reasonably well behaved.

The version I have, however, does not import graphic
files for use in the logo editor, so you have to create
one manually.  And it can be hard work.

  http://www.gnokii.org/

It's not in the NetBSD pkgsrc, but it is in the FreeBSD
ports tree, so that may be a starting point for you to
install the software cleanly.

At present I don't have access to post things like this
online, but here's hoping.

Good luck.

Richard.