Subject: Re: BSD converts (was Re: Gartner perspective on BSD)
To: Daniel de Kok <d.j.a.de.kok@wolmail.nl>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/23/2002 13:40:51
On Jul 10,  7:04am, Daniel de Kok wrote:
}
} And experienced users would know NetBSD is not the ultimate solution
} everywhere. I primarily use NetBSD and try to advise NetBSD to other
} people, but in some situations an expert distro, like Slackware, is
} a better solution. It is all about choosing the right tool for every
} specific problem.

     I primarily use NetBSD as well.  Failing that, I prefer Solaris,
especially on an SMP machine.  I'm really not very fond of SVR4;
however, I've used it enough that I'm reasonably comfortable with it.
I do use several other UNIX variants (HP-UX, Ultrix, SunOS 4.x, RedHat,
SCO, etc.) with varying degrees of reluctance.  However, I try to stay
with the NetBSD and Solaris as much as possible.

}-- End of excerpt from Daniel de Kok