Subject: Network Neighbourhood on NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Ram Chandar <mkr1177hk@yahoo.com.hk>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/21/2002 12:15:01
Richard Rauch mentioned in one of the posts in the thread "advocacy"

> If one really wants a ``pop the CD in, and get something that has NetBSD
> buried in it somewhere but looks and feels like an unbelievably stable
> version of a Microsoft product''

Infact there is such an attempt on Linux which even goes to the extent
to put "My Computer" and "Network Neighbourhood" on the Desktop.

This one is reported to have to be designed as a dropin replacement
of a Windows Desktop machine and would automatically discover
the Windows Primary Domain Controller on the Network and configure
itself as  a client with no user setup (their site says, even windows machines
don't do that). There are other facelifts in printing, office suites etc

This is avaiable for free download. I don't have the bandwidth, so I was
just wondering if somebody could take a look.

The site is www.elxlinux.com.

Ram Chandar.