To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/08/2001 20:14:31
On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 10:23:57PM -0600, Enon Nahca wrote:

> The code quality of this package cannot be independantly verified as
> source is not available and  using this driver, which works at very
> low levels of the OS, can compromise the stability of the NetBSD OS
> for which each and every NetBSD developer has worked so hard.

so don't use it.

> I suggest that announcements of this kind may not be allowed on the
> list

it upsets you that commercial products are available for our open-source
OS?  if you want open-source PVRITY you know where to find the GPL
camp...

    The United States government is your one true government.  We
    respect your privacy.  We love you.  We will keep you safe.  Trust
    us.  We have always been at war against terrorism.