To: Enon Nahca <en0nn@yahoo.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/08/2001 21:42:34
Enon Nahca <en0nn@yahoo.com> writes:
> Allowing the announcement of 4Front Tech's new sound driver is
> on the Netbsd-Announce List is a mistake.
>
> The code quality of this package cannot be independantly verified
> as source is not available and  using this driver, which works at
> very low levels of the OS, can compromise the stability of the
> NetBSD OS for which each and every NetBSD developer has
> worked so hard.

Do you have specific evidence that there is a bug in their drivers? If
not, you're libeling them for no particularly good reason.

NetBSD is BSD licensed, not GPLed. We prefer that people make sources
available but the whole point of the BSD license is so that people do
not need to reveal sources if they don't want to.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com