To: Enon Nahca <en0nn@yahoo.com>
From: Tyler Mitchell <fission@styrophone.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/08/2001 16:13:00
On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Enon Nahca wrote:

> The code quality of this package cannot be independantly verified as
> source is not available and using this driver, which works at very low
> levels of the OS, can compromise the stability of the NetBSD OS for
> which each and every NetBSD developer has worked so hard.

I'm willing to bet that the people of 4Front Tech have also worked hard to
ensure that their product doesn't cause instability.  That's not to say
that their product won't cause problems, but it's jumping the gun to say
that something specifically designed for NetBSD is a threat.  It's not an
unsupported product, either.

> I suggest that announcements of this kind may not be allowed on the list

Why, so that we may remain ignorant of new technologies related to NetBSD,
whether or not the technologies meet someone else's approval?  Personally,
I have enjoyed receiving the type of messages that were approved to
NetBSD-announce.

It doesn't sound like you had taken this up in private with the list owner
first; perhaps I'm wrong, but I think that would have been the first step
(ie, before posting to netbsd-advocacy).

--
Tyler Mitchell

"Wherever you go, there you are."
      -- Douglas Adams