Subject: Praise.
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/24/2001 16:22:27
I've already done this on port-hpcarm but I thought I'd do it here...

A friend gave me an HP Jornada 720 that he wasn't using anymore, so the
first thing I did was go to the various HPC port pages to see if it was
supported.  To my surprise, I found it in hpcarm.

After a couple days of futzing around mostly tripping over my own dick, I
got it running and booting off a 32MB compactflash card that I stole out of
my Canon S100.  I tried my various wireless cards (CDPD, Wavelan, Netwave,
and Ricochet) and with the exception of 'Netwave', everything 'just worked'
which is more than I can say for WINCE..

So now I have this relatively teeny thing that runs like forever on its little
battery, with everything I need to grab my mail or reboot servers from
the comfort of my 4x4 on top of some mountain. ...and I don't have to see
the microsoft logo while doing it either.

NetBSD Rocks ass!  (So does the PC Weasel but that's not relevant here)