Subject: Somebody just decided to move from Linux to NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Previ_=5BY!=5D=AE?= <previ_pc@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/15/2001 19:09:44
Please visit

http://www.lonestar.org/sdf

Previ

<Quote>

There is a serious problem with all LINUX kernels and there always
will be.  SDF (aka freeshell.org) was compromised and some drastic
measures needed to be taken to ensure the security of your accounts
and data this past monday.

For the long term:

We're moving to the 64bit DEC ALPHA running NetBSD.  This REALLY is
thanks to ARPA member support.  Initially there was an emergency
fund raiser for two PC weasel cards and a terminal server.  This
would essentially allow bios level access via authentication for me
since I travel so much.  The response was so great that I threw in
the extra bucks to move us to the ALPHA.  Surprise? :)

</Quote>