Subject: Re: Comdex post-mortem
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/09/2001 05:30:23
> > (What is the cube that you mentioned, which was popular also at Vegas?)
> mac G4 cube

Thanks (to you and others who answered).

I'm not sure that I want to step any further into the topic of conferences
for a week or so...  (^&

But thanks are certainly due to Charles M. Hannum for donating his time
and money to giving NetBSD a presense at conferences in the past.  I know
that I, at least, had no idea how much it cost to do that.  Though it's
hard to say exactly how important such a presense is, I hope that a way is
found to continue.

Based on public behavior alone, I am pleased to see Perry Metzger
suggesting that Wasabi could throw the money at it to keep this happening.
(I will also risk treading a little mud and point out that when Perry
spoke of ``doing it professionally'', I read no insult in that.  A common
definition of the word ``professionally'' means to do something for money.
Charles clearly _hasn't_ been doing these booths for money (quite the
contrary, and thus his main, stated reason for not being able to
continue).)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu