Subject: Re: NetBSD Booths at trade shows
To: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Michael Tackett <tackett@sd2.mailbank.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/08/2001 17:31:27
No offense taken.

I am new to the netbsd-advocacy list, so that statement is true.  It would seem odd to me to subscribe to an advocacy list of an OS I hadn't installed yet.

To be honest, I did buy NetBSD 1.4.1 from a provider on the NetBSD website (I don't remember who, but I don't think it was the NetBSD Mission).  I still have it, it came in a Verbatim CD-R box.  I don't remember why I didn't install it.  I do remember being nervous about giving my credit card number on the site that was selling it.

I meant no disrespect or criticism of you or the NetBSD group.  Far from it, I've been looking for ways to contribute to the project (I contacted someone on your projects page about a Q&A website).  I was just pointing out that Wasabi provided a valuable service to me, and as long as you don't window up with a FreeBSD/BSDi/WindRiver sugar daddy situation, why not leverage their support?

BTW, if you can think of anything I could do to help out, let me know.  I don't think I'm up to kernel programming yet, but I'd like to chip in.

Michael Tackett