Subject: Re: Comdex post-mortem
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/08/2001 14:05:30
On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 03:45:54PM -0500, Kevin P. Neal wrote:

> Say, that reminds me...
>
> What are the chances of having TNF NetBSD cd's actually ready to ship
> when the next NetBSD release is announced?
>
> When 1.5 came out, DaemonNews Mall had Wasabi NetBSD ready to ship
> that day (when I called to order), but TNF issue cd's weren't available
> yet.

This is because Wasabi controlled the release, effectively, and sent
their CD premasters out before the rest of the world (even me!) knew
that the release was ready.  If I hadn't pushed out a release
announcement, they probably would have actually been *shipping* discs
before the release was announced.

See `conflict of interest'.