Subject: Re: Comdex post-mortem
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/08/2001 19:08:39
On 8 Apr 2001, at 9:12, Tim Rightnour wrote:

> You print CD's for a netbsd event, with WASABI in huge letters, and
> netbsd in little letters.  I'm not convinced this is a great thing.
> TNF needs to be fundamentally separate from wasabi.  We don't want to
> give the impression that our product, is reliant upon your staying in
> business, or your architectural views.  I feel that regardless of how
> well your business does, TNF still has an obligation to provide a
> distribution, and have it's name known.

Hi,

would you agree that big NetBSD letters and small Wasabi were
OK? I have not seen "official" CDs, just pictures on
daemonnewsmall (if I had seen this cover in a local store I had not
realized it was NetBSD). I do not want to overregulate, but some
guidelines on how they should look, and where to place adds would
be helpful. I talked to some local bookstores and they will take
NetBSD Cds in commission, some sponsoring to have them
produced would be helpful. If there were guidelines it was easier to
go to companies and say "your logo could be here or there", if you
do not do this, they want their logo all over the CD and NetBSD in
the fineprint.

mike