Subject: Re: Comdex post-mortem
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/08/2001 10:18:52
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net> writes:
> One possible example, might be a competitor, wishing to provide
> consulting and CD distributions for NetBSD approaching the booth.
> For the project, that is a good thing.. for you, it might be bad.

We sold merchandise from several companies at the LWE booth. I have no
trouble with my guys selling anyone's CDs or having anyone's brochures
out if it is a NetBSD booth.

At LWE we had a number of non-Wasabi people as well as Wasabi people
running the booth. I don't expect that folks like Thor or Andrew were
shilling for us, since they wouldn't have had any cause to.

If it is a Wasabi booth, that's different -- and we may have such
booths in the future. I was merely offering to run NetBSD booths, and
we fully understand that if it is a NetBSD booth it has to be run
neutrally and not as a booth for our company.

If people don't want us to do this, though, I'm certainly not going to
force it on on the project.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com