Subject: Re: Nick "Scrooge" Petreley Bashes BSDs
To: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
From: Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/25/2000 19:36:44
Greg Lehey wrote:

> Not only would I not call that bashing, I'd call it advocacy.  Not the
> most spectacular advocacy, granted, but certainly in favour.  Oh, and
> he left out OpenBSD.  Before you see something sinister in that, I'd
> guess that he didn't care too much, and it was difficult to fit in.

It would seem that Brett has not learned the lesson "any press is good press
so long as they spell your name right."

Brett, you know they founded LinuxWorld to give Petreley a chance to strut
his stuff, to become the John Dodge of the Linux community.  What did you
expect?  The whole magazine reeks of the Linux kiddy "neener neener"
philosophy, because that's their target audience.