Subject: Re: 1GHz MIPS CPU running NetBSD
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Stephen B. Salai <bsalai@rochester.rr.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/15/2000 23:22:12
Christos Zoulas wrote:

> In article <20001013130652.A8332@tome.neutralgood.org>,
> Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > If NetBSD(r) was registered then who would go after organizations that
> > didn't respect the trademark? If I recall correctly, not protecting
> > a trademark means you can lose it in court.
>
> NetBSD(tm) is registered and TNF owns the registration.
>
> christos
It is not registered yet, but someone has filed an application to
register it:
http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=ok03ih.2.1
For some reason, the application is an Intent to Use application, even
though NetBSD has been in use for years.
This will end up costing a bit more, and will make people wonder why it
was filed that way, when it could have been filed based on actual use.
Brad