To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/05/2000 21:37:16
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> I am in the process of writing a webpage (NetBSD and Laptops) to submit
> (send-pr?) to NetBSD.
send-pr is good.

> I see that the webpages use some HTML and psuedo-HTML format (as in
> index.list) with tags like: HEADING, LIST, SECTION, ENTRY.
>
> Where is the documentation for this?

hmm, not sure.  .list is processed by a perl script written by David
Brownlee 'list2html.pl'.  I've just used some other pages as examples.

> Why does NetBSD use this format for its webpages? Does this have any
> purpose?

makes different pages look consistent, easy to add "boilerplate" stuff at
the bottom, easy to change the desired layout, type 'make' and presto have
all pages reformatted.

-Dan