Subject: Re: emul compat pages?
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Claus Andersen <clan@wheel.dk>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/04/2000 17:26:41
On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, David Maxwell wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 01:45:10PM +0200, Claus Andersen wrote:
> > On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, David Maxwell wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't a sparse table be better to give an overview than a sparse
> > list?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you mean there.

I think the table (http://www.ntwork.dk/compat.html) will be smaller and
easier to read than what you have at
http://bester.worldmap.net/david/compat.html#ports - I find the
"long" listing rather annoying but have to admit it is a pure question of
taste.

> So forget my maintainence comment, the remaining question is the
> sparseness one.
>
> As I see it, putting all the ports in a table means you have to look at
> things you don't care about, and puts more space between the things you
> are looking for.

I think that you have to look at even more you don't care about at
http://bester.worldmap.net/david/compat.html#ports

So I believe we have a Mexican stand-off... Wait! You have commit access -
I do not - You win! :-)

Kind Regards,
Claus Andersen

P.S. Further comments might better be directed to www@netbsd.org as I
think we are starting to wear most advocacy people down :-)