Subject: Re: Ports and benchmarks...
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Brian Gregor <bgregor@buphy.bu.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/12/2000 09:41:57
I've got some quick little sample lmbench results I did for
my own amusement.   They're at:
	http://caffeine.bu.edu/~bgregor/lmbench
The summary_sparc.txt file is for the same machine, a Sparc
Classic w/ 48 meg RAM.  Included is Red Hat Linux 6.2.
The summary_i386.txt file is results for 3 machines, a
PII-450 running Linux Mandrake 7.0, a Celeron 500 running
FreeBSD 3.4, and a K6-2 500 (caffeine.bu.edu) running
NetBSD -current.  The Sparc just finished compiling -current
on itself - I've switched all the machines I can to NetBSD :-)

Lmbench is quick to run, that's why I picked it.

Brian