Subject: Re: T-shirts
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/17/2000 13:23:07
My original impetus to all this toe-stepping was due to the mega-mergers
happening in all quarters around us.  I KNOW we don't _have_ to raise our
voices--the fact I use NetBSD is because the noise is low (grin)--but it's all
about advocacy, isn't it?

If there's enough interest, I would have no problem locating and paying for a
design firm to come up with something very...  um...  professional; whatever TNF
agrees that is.  For the website, t-shirts, whatever.  After six years of lip
service, I wanna put money on the table.

My thought (if anyone cares) is to keep the daemon, but create a relatively
abstract design that reflects our ace-in-the-hole:  scalability and
portability.  Like a quad-alpha mainframe (we're on the cusp of some very nice
SMP) with a handheld PDA (with the daemon on the screen) superimposed on it.  We
could then keep the 'Of course it runs NetBSD' slogan.  An idea.  Trash away.

Why worry about all this?  Can't we get back to coding?  If we had to ask this,
we wouldn't be subscribed to this mailing list.

My 2 farthings.

dhop