Subject: Re: T-shirts
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/17/2000 09:01:17
I agree that we need to find a new 'default' graphic for NetBSD.  To be blunt,
I've never really liked the Iwo Daemon design or execution, and IMHO it hasn't
really done the NetBSD website too many favors.

Part of the problem is our perceived reliance on Kirk's artwork.  Let's face
it:  we all believe that NetBSD is the one worthy to carry Li'l Hotstuff
(ironic, since Kirk has little to do with us these days :)  OpenBSD managed to
break away from the Daemon design, but I'm not sure we're ready (or willing)
to.  (Ironic, since didn't Theo design and sketch Iwo Daemon?)

That said, there's not too many cool daemon ideas left.  What's left?  Going to
church?  Shooting skeet?  Getting married?  (Oh, wait, that's one's reserved for
FreeBSD)

dhop