Subject: Re: seti & rc5-64
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/01/2000 12:12:58
On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 07:36:37AM -0500, Jim McKim wrote:

> I don't want to be overtly threatening, but just to plant the idea
> that there may be some intangible benefits from supporting NetBSD.

You can do this without even mentioning the firewall / network issue.
But it's beside the point...  compared to the number of i386/windows and
ppc/macOS hosts out there, the additional processing power provided by
NetBSD hosts is likely not very significant.  I don't blame the
seti@home folks for discontinuing support for "obscure" platforms...
NetBSD has binary emulation support... why not use it?

And why are people getting their knickers in twists about this in the
first place?  If seti@home doesn't care enough to provide me with a
client, then they won't get my CPU time.  They're the ones who should be
asking _me_ for support, not the other way around.

  "Time Correct function allows automatically correcting slight variation
   of your key touching manner."  --  Roland MSQ-700 manual