Subject: Re: Request for Comments on article
To: sL <lacas@logique.jussieu.fr>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/29/2000 16:28:47
Hi,

there were defenitely more distributions before (probably they
started to count then and then the number started growing as reports
of distis came in), I am shure I could proove there were more than
20 by April 1999.

For this thread we should care about the ones with significant
changes from each others (not counting the "special" editions like
Tomsrtbt, a single 3.5" disk with a complete OS with various net and
scsi drivers different keymaps, about 100 file-, network- and
diskrepair utilities and editors like vi and a reduced emacs).

What I meant was that no matter where I get a NetBSD  CD, the
various configuration files and structures were to be found at the
same places in the filesystem thus making e.g. scripts work
everywere or descriptions/Howtos will work.

mike