Subject: Re: NetBSD slogan fortune database
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/04/2000 07:00:47
Antti Kantee <pooka@NetBSD.ORG>  wrote:
 > I'm putting together a fortune database to be included in basesrc
 > games/fortunes/datfiles. Thanks to all the ones who have already
 > submitted, there are already quite a few slogans to start with. As a
 > source I am using Hubert's collection of the slogans, which can be found
 > at http://rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de/~feyrer/NetBSD/slogans.txt. If you
 > notice any missing, please notify Hubert and/or me.

heh. I've forgotten some of those... Are you going to fix the obvious
typos?

 NetBSD - free yourself from Sallmanist thought!
 NetBSD: Microsoft ask you where you wan tto go, NetBSD gets you there
 NetBSD - Multiples Architectures lead to Multiple Orgasms.
 NetBSD: The Wor'ds Most Portable Operating System

 > After this anyone submitting a slogan to any NetBSD mailing list will
 > automatically get their slogan added to the fortune database in the
 > format described above, unless they explicitly specify something else.

Of course, the one I've been saying for years, original author unknown:

	NetBSD: A drinking group with a serious computing problem.

And how 'bout:

	NetBSD: u_long uptime;