Subject: arg ! [no translation alvailable]
To: Crolard Tristan <crolard@univ-paris12.fr>
From: sL <lacas@logique.jussieu.fr>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/03/2000 15:16:37
Salut,

impossible de r=E9sister =E0 =E7a:

<< Linux est un =E9piph=E9nom=E8ne, martelle par exemple Jean-Paul Figer, d=
irecteur
technique chez Cap Gemini, [...] N=E9amoins, le ph=E9nom=E8ne Linux est int=
=E9ressant
sur un point: il apporte un vrai standard, lequel a toujours fait d=E9faut =
au
monde Unix. En tant qu'int=E9grateur, cette standardisation nous facilite l=
t=E2che. >>

<< Cet engagement s'inscrit dans une strat=E9gie globale e-business qui n=
=E9cessite
la mise en place de standards. Linux est le pivot de cette standardisation,
explique Thierry Latapy, =E0 la direction Int=E9gration technologique et Se=
rvices
Softwares chez IBM Global Services (IBM GS). >>

Le Monde Informatique, 28 janvier 2000, page 38.

-----
Hi, I could not resist pinpointing the following exerpts from a french
magazine called "Le Monde Informatique" (The Computer World ?). Well, I fra=
nkly
don't know what to think about such assertions...
(excuse the home-made translation)

<< Linux is a epiphenomenon, hammers for example Jean-Paul Figer, technical
director at Cap Gemini, [...] nevertheless, Linux phenomenon is interesting=
 on
one point: it brings a real standard, which the Unix world was lacking of. =
As
an integrator (?), this standardisation ease our task. >>

<< Our involvement is a part of a global e-business strategy, for
which there is a need for standards. Linux is the core (hub) of this
standardisation, explains Thierry Latapy, at the direction of technological
integration and Services Softwares, (IBM GS). >>
=20
----
Samuel Lacas
----